Monday, June 22, 2009

Market, Sweat Lodge, Poll climb







Since my last report I have to been to:

-The local market where Jala (the 5 year old daughter) sold seven dollars and fifty cents of her old clothes in which see immediately bought 8 dollars worth of candy

-The sweat lodge in which 10 of the local islanders including Darrell (who i woof for) and myself all crammed into the complete darkness of a hut which was no larger than a 3 person camping tent. Over the course of the next 3 hours, hot rocks were brought in an put in a pit in the middle of the hut. Water was continuously poured on these rocks so that steam filled the space. Needless to say I was a bit dehydrated the next day.

_Took the motorbike out again for a little ride which again was a great time.

_pictured Above, I found a bit of time to do my own thing...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool, Smith. You win the fitness award...I would NEVER be able to climb a pole like that!

Enjoy the trails!

Smith said...

good to hear from you Paul > hope all is well

Anonymous said...

impressive steadiness in your move from knee to standing.
i've been checking in on you...thanks for allowing comments.
-bill ferg

Smith said...

Glad to hear from you Uncle Bill, yes it was a bit tricky up atop the pole. I have another climb comming up soon.